**This position is based in Perth, Western Australia**
Essense Designs is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Perth, Australia and Lenexa, Kansas. Our growing organisation has additional locations in the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 20 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
We are seeking a Garment Technician to work within the Product Operations Department. This position requires a highly organised and motivated individual capable of delivering accurate garment fit, fabric and quality assessments. Liaising daily with our Design Administration and Sampling Departments as well as international factories, the successful applicant will have an excellent technical understanding of garment construction and patternmaking, a good eye for detail, outstanding written and verbal communication skills and display a proactive approach to effective process and timeline management.
What We Expect:
• Provide technical knowledge and support during the garment life cycle to ensure garment quality and consumer satisfaction
• Analyse style instructions and sampling comments to provide judgements on technical construction and fabrication of garments
• Develop technical packages including specifications, fit comments, pattern correction sketches, grading rules and fabric and trim requirements within appropriate tolerances and predefined performance standard
• Monitor and maintain fit, construction, and workmanship standards and ensure consistency across all factories
• Conduct technical inspections of sample garments and communicate clear and detailed instructions to manufacturers and other stakeholders throughout the sampling process
• Conduct Quality Control inspections of bulk garments and collate, analyse and report results to stakeholders
• Ensure company compliance with various garment labelling and other importation requirements in stockist countries
• Regular travel to off shore factories for reviewing samples of new collections
What We Are Looking For:
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment and always strives to be best in class. We are seeking someone with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership who strives to get the job done right the first time. They will relish the challenge of having multiple projects on the go, know how to manage priorities, shine under pressure and support others to do the same. Our culture thrives on creative energy and collaboration, and, above all, we’re looking for a team player with a sense of fun.
• Experience working in Garment Tech, Quality Assurance or Product Development specifically in the garment / apparel / textile industry
• Formal tertiary qualifications in fashion, design, patternmaking or related field; equivalent relevant experience may be considered
• Ability to make balanced decisions based on technical data, garment and fabrication knowledge and sound judgement
• Demonstrated understanding of garment construction processes, including sewing, pattern making and grading with the ability to create and amend garment specs to achieve the “perfect fit”
• Ability to drive quality craftsmanship through clear and detailed communication with offshore manufacturers and suppliers
• Demonstrated understanding of the garment sampling and production process
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively via email and skype with international manufacturers, suppliers and company offices
• Ability to work with focus and maintain a disciplined approach to working within company timelines
• Excellent analytical, numerical skills, attention to detail and proficiency in Microsoft Office; in particular Excel skills
• Be procedure and process orientated with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
• Willingness to consult and collaborate with others to overcome obstacles and achieve the best results
• Strong aptitude to learn
Please note: We believe cover letters are important to help us understand why you are interested in this position and your unique story and qualifications. If you sincerely desire to work with us, please take this into consideration when submitting your materials.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. We recognise and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talent individuals to thrive.